Made By You...
- PATTERN TESTER - 5/5 STARS! It fits perfectly! I love the video's. I think if you are a beginner the video's are very helpful!
- PATTERN TESTER - 5/5 STARS! Very detailed instructions. For me, it really helped that there were accompanying videos to each section of the instructions. I also loved that it included the right amount of fabric to cut to make the bias tape. I've learnt so much with this pattern and achieved so many firsts (e.g. sewing button loops, making fabric buttons).
- PATTERN TESTER - 4/5 STARS! Am vintage chic with this fabric or Hawaiian baby? Lol! I can’t decide. What I CAN tell you is that the #lilybuttondress from @madelabel_ will awe you and test your detail sewing skills! Can someone say #buttons ?!? Confession, I am not good at doing a rouleau button. There I said it. I just can’t get those things tiny enough and then turn them. And this dress has a ton of them. So while mine might have larger loops than I’d like I think she definitely turned out well. This fabric is a stretch sateen from the stash and I used wood buttons. I still need to pull on the hips seams because I’m between sizes but other than that she’s good to go. Thank you for Made Label for allowing me to test this baby. If you want to work on your button skills, this dress is for you. The instructions are so thorough it’s fantastic! The girls have definitely put some work into their instruction booklets and the sew up, although tricky at times, was great because I had video tutorials along the way as well which is so helpful. Check out this new feminine pattern by Made Label!
- PATTERN TESTER - 4/5 STARS! The fit is great and feels amazing on. I’m really proud having made a garment that fits me so great. I attribute this to the amazing instructions for choosing the right size. Personal preference for me though - neckline is too low for my comfort and the button backing feels too short. I think it would be a great option for a wedding guest dress or a date night, where I know I’m not going to be super busy and bending and running after kids… I really loved that you included options for French seams. Along with the fabric covered buttons it gives such a high end and classy feeling to the final dress.
- PATTERN TESTER - 5/5 STARS! Very helpful. Great to have both written and video instructions. Initially I cut the mini length in the pattern but found it too short so I recut the skirt pieces longer. Besides this the fit was good and I didn't make any more mods. Next time I would think about lengthening the bodice by a few cms.
- PATTERN TESTER - 5/5 STARS! I haven't made a dress with button loops before so there were some new techniques for me in this dress… but the tools within the pattern and the helpful videos made it easy to follow. I really like the finished dress and it's rare that I don't have to blend between sizes so I like that the sizing worked well for me (once I sorted out the cup size and trusted the measurements and instructions rather than the labelling). I wore it for the day and it was really comfortable (although I think the neckline is a bit low so I did find myself adjusting that) but other than that it was easy to wear and I will make it again. Great pattern